COMMITTEE OF ONE HUNDRED, INC.
Key Initiatives for 2016
February 4, 2016
- Sponsor and facilitate monthly Regional Executives Coordinating Council (RECC)
- Support completion of infrastructure projects such as I-49, public utilities, and public facilities
- Address sense of place or quality of life to retain and attract younger citizens
- Maintain communication with state, parish, and city officials to promote effective programs
- Define and describe for the community the quality and style of government that is desired
- Describe and communicate the desired attributes for those filling key elected positions.
- Support LSU Medical School and regional healthcare providers to work together to provide effective healthcare
- Work with and support other healthcare providers that supply specialty services
Military Affairs Sub-Committee
- Maintain contact and liaison with Barksdale leadership via Military Liaisons and Spring Military Leadership Reception
- Develop ways to support Air Force personnel and help them feel part of the community
- Support Parish school systems and provide input and help to indicate what business community expects from the schools
- Promote workforce training and development that will help area businesses attract and retain the workforce to fill current and future jobs.
- Maintain contact and influence with local and state education officials in support of public
- school policies and funding, and to support higher education and the medical school.
- Achieve diversity among Committee of One Hundred membership and proactively work to increase the African-American membership in the Committee of One Hundred.
- Support community organizations already making a difference in African-American and White relationships.
- Be sensitive and aware of the racial barriers that still exist in our region.